Life is going full speed. Having dinner ideas ready to go really helps my family. I’m so thankful I was able to work with two other great moms helping with costumes for the 6th grade play at my son’s school. Everything turned out great (did you catch the pictures on Instagram?). And life sure was easier when I had an answer to that dreaded question,“What’s for dinner?” Making a monthly menu really helps me save time and money. I love transforming leftovers or serving two meals that have similar ingredients to help cut down costs. And with a busy family of 6 I want to allow for more time with my family. Read along for what our family is eating this month. I hope to give you some inspiration on what to make for dinner. And save you some time as you plan for your dinner week or month. For more ideas check out this tag…
- Pasta with Marinara and Garlic Bread
- Pizza (Geno’s. We ate in the car on the way from choir to the school play)
- Tostada’s for the kids (Date Night to Smash burger)
- Quesadillas (for the kids, their pick. Grady had a scout dinner recognition)
- Chicken Salad with Balsamic Cilantro Dressing
- Enchiladas (Gandalf’s pick)
- 15 Minute Healthy Roasted Chicken and Veggies
- Roast Beef Sandwiches with Au Jus (Draco’s pick)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Baked Sweet ‘n Sour Chicken (hubby’s pick)
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Hot Dogs (cooked outside with our new fire pit. Yoda’s pick)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Veggies Casserole
- Taco Soup
- BBQ Chicken Salad (Freeze some extra chicken from Sunday)
- Pesto Chicken Pasta (Green Pasta from Trader Joe’s makes this perfect for St. Patty’s Day)
- Spinach Rolls (Make a double batch and freeze them)
- Chicken Pesto Crepes
- Perfect Paleo Meatballs
- Healthy Beef and Broccoli
- Lasagna Soup
- BLT’s with Avocado
- Baked Potatoes (Draco’s pick)
- Southwest Chopped Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- Cafe Rio Soup (Gandalf’s choice)
- Caeser Salad with Chicken
- Tequila Lime Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Baked Taquitos with Homemade Guacamole
- Caprese Avocado Toast with a side salad.
Family Night Lessons
I/ve intentional family night lessons picked out. Usually we series or certain kinds of family night throughout the month. I’ve changed lessons when inspired. But having a layout of what our family needs to spend time on really helps me have family night. Here is what we will be working on this month. Remember sometimes our lessons are short. The point is to gather as a family, learn, feel the spirit, and eat treats together. The last one is really important.
March 6th- Local High School Choir performance. We are excited to support our friend and take our kids to a concert.
March 13th Look to the Book- we like to have a family night where we focus on a recent LDS Conf Talk. We just started reading the Book of Mormon this week! I’m excited to share this talk with my kids. We recently finished reading The New Testament as a family.
March 20th Old Testament Scripture Story– Jacob and His Family (Yoda asks every week if we are acting out the scriptures-it’s his favorite family night)
March 27th- Learning about Fasting. Our faith fasts every month on the first Sunday (We’ve started having Sundaes on Fast Sunday too!) Recently a church leader encourage us as parents to take advantage of fasting. I realized we haven’t really talked about it as a family. Maybe I’ll put together a lesson and post it this month.
I know time around the dinner table is sacred. As is the time we gather to feel the spirit in our family nights. These traditions help bring our family closer together. And with our family out on Spring Break I am super excited to have more time with my family! My kids are so excited to have more family time together!!! We are looking forward to visiting the beach, hiking and camping. There is something magical about being out in nature that helps families grow closer. And I’m so excited about this fun camping kit below! I think they are really going to love the scavenger hunt!
Anyone else on Spring Break this month??? What are your plans??? Tell us in the comments below!
Some of these items are affiliated links. You are welcomed to buy from anywhere. But I don’t mind if you buy them from here. I only share items I really like or use. Thanks for your support!