We are so sad to say that Krispie Kreme will not be doing free donuts this year!!! Unless you live in Australia, in which case double check if your store is participating. Our family is so sad! This is such a fun tradition. And I understand going through the signs of grief, but I am trying to be thankful for the wonderful memories I’ve had with family and friends. So Krispie Kreme Thank you for the sweet memories! Also Long John Silvers won’t be giving away a meal, but will be giving away a fried twinkie. You can still have fun dressing up. And be sure to check out tips for planning a treasure hunt for Talk Like A Pirate Day.
Our family LOVES Talk Like A Pirate Day. We have been celebrating since Gandalf was a baby. A couple of years ago we heard Krispie Kreme was giving away a dozen donuts if you dressed like a pirate. I’ve been dressing like a Pirate all these years just for the fun of it and now you are telling me I get free donuts? Sometimes dreams do come true. Our Pirate Days usually consist of a Treasure Hunt and eating Krispie Kreme Donuts with friends. We fly our Pirate Flag and have a grand old time.
Pirate Day is one of those magical traditions that my kids LOVE! And it doesn’t take much. We bust out our dramatic play boxes and check out what we can make work. This year I had the idea to use my Cameo Silhouette to make this adorable Pirate Hat. Now each person who visits Krispie Kreme and talks like a pirate gets a free donut. But if you dress up and get a dozen free donuts. What better way to dress up like a Land Lubber than with this fun hat. It just takes 3 pieces of 12×12 black paper and your Cameo Silhouette. Another reason I love my Silhouette. Not only is it great for parties and furniture makeovers, but it’s perfect for making holidays more special. Sometimes it’s not possible to have 4 pirate hats in my house. Now I don’t have to have my kids fight over who gets to be captain.
Pirate Hat Tutorial for Talk Like A Pirate Day
Using the download below cut out three Pirate hat images. Using Zots Glue Dots attach your three sided hat at the ends. I liked attaching the back pieces last to fit my child’s head perfectly. Using this Silhouette Design make a Skull and Cross Bones. I bought this design years ago for my son’s Peter Pan Party. Trust me it won’t be the last time you use it. Glue your Skull and Cross Bones to the front of your hat and your little pirate is ready to collect his pirate booty.
My kids were only too happy to dress up in there finest Pirate apparel. Even though this Pirate Hat is simply perfect, technically you need 3 items to qualify for a free donut. But don’t worry. I have some inside secrets to this years Fall Fashion Trends for Pirates.
This Season’s Hottest Pirate Looks:
- Hot colors include Black, Red, Burgundy, and Gold.
- Stripes! Stripes! Stripes! Remember Polka Dots are out.
- Eye Patches! Who cares if you can see, as long as you look great (Not responsible for accidents on the way to Krispie Kreme)
- Peg Legs! What better way to show how tough you are.
- Knickers and Striped tights. This season is all about color!
- Tropical Birds. If you can’t train a live one safety pin one on like shown here.
- Scars! The perfect way to let the rest of the pirates know these donuts are yours.
- Mustaches. If you can’t grow a great one, try using some eyeliner. Bonus points if you can get your ends to twirl up.
- Head Scarfs. Pirates don’t have time to do their hair, they are too busy make people walk the plank.
- Leather belts! No one wants to see your britches.
- Pirate Hooks! We blame Buster for this trend.
- And of course Gold Accessories. Bracelets, Necklaces, Hoops. There is no better way to walk into Krispie Kreme. If you do wear earrings, just put in one. Give one to a friend. It’s always more fun to dress up with a friend.